Discover the joys of illustrated typography. More than the sum of its parts, illustrated typography carries both a pictorial shape and meaning. Explore the possibilities of word and image combined.
This course will cover:
* A brief overview of fonts and typefaces
* How to draw lettering, including use of drop shadows, fancy capitals, decoration
* How to combine text and image in a fun and imaginative way
* How to work up your designed word or phrase into a final piece
* How to implement your design onto a distressed piece of pallet board to take home and hang on your wall.
About your tutor: Holly is an illustrator, muralist and signwriter based in Dublin. She works on a wide variety of disciplines, including commercial illustration, wall drawing, logo design and signage. She has a degree in Fine Art from NCAD (2004), and a National Diploma in Animation from BCFE (2015). She loves lettering, and the interplay between text and image.
Illustrated Typography Workshop with Holly Pereira at Block T