Waterways Ireland is delighted to launch the 2019 Waterways Ireland Events programme. The Waterways Ireland Events Programme aims to promote the sustained use of the waterways under our remit by supporting events on the basis of:
- Potential of the Event to introduce new users to the waterways in an active capacity, i.e. not just as spectators;
- Encouraging cross-border participation;
- The event Location and the nature of the Event;
- An even distribution of Events across all activities and all waterways;
- Applications are particularly welcome which include participants from some of the groups listed; people of different ages, political opinion, race,
religious belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, people with dependents, people with a disability, and members of the traveller community.
Applications will be accepted from individuals, public, private or voluntary sector organisations/businesses or legally constituted clubs/associations.
(That is; a group that has a legal structure).
This Programme supports activity on waterways under the remit of Waterways Ireland. These are:
- Barrow Navigation
- Royal Canal
- Erne System
- Shannon Navigation
- Lower Bann Navigation
- Shannon-Erne Waterway
- Grand Canal
To assist event organisers to make an effective and eligible application Waterways Ireland has updated the guidelines for 2019 and also provided a user manual and video tutorials should assistance be needed to complete the online application.
Apply here: eventsprogramme.waterwaysireland.org
Funding | Waterways Ireland Events Programme 2019