Learn how to get the best out of your previously taken black and white negatives in a full-day hands on session aimed at understanding the potential of black and white photographic printing.
This course is designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
What You Will Need
– You must bring your own 35mm processed negatives.
What You Will Learn
– Process your roll of film to contact sheets.
– Produce an edit from your contact sheet.
– How to achieve the correct exposure and tonal range of your print and how to enhance certain aspects of the image.
– Set the correct printing grade and split grade.
– Pre-Flashing the paper and printing on different papers (e.g resin, coated, single grade, multigrade and fibre papers)
– Gain knowledge of printing with traditional black and white darkroom techniques.
Tutor: Mervyn Smyth
Dates: Saturday 11 November 2017
Times: 10am to 4pm
Fee: £80 Earlybird £70 – Expires 11th October
Location: Belfast Exposed Photography, The Exchange Place, 23 Donegall Street, Belfast
Booking: contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Focus On: Printing Your Black and White Negatives Workshop at Belfast Exposed