During this half day long workshop, you will have the opportunity to discover the fascinating art of Encaustics, an ancient painting process using molten beeswax, resins and natural pigments. This class is very popular, is designed for everyone: absolute beginners and developing artists alike, mostly people who have never practised encaustics and wish to discover this wonderfully versatile medium .
Isabelle will introduce you to the basic techniques of encaustic painting, sharing its spontaneous virtues of working with texture and colours and its versatility with building up layers. You will have the opportunity to learn easy and effective techniques in a fun and relax atmosphere and create beautiful artworks to bring home.
Art Classes for everyone: absolute beginners and developing artists alike.
Subjects covered during the introduction class:
• Safety, ventilation, corrects working temperatures, and proper use of equipment.
• Appropriate supports and grounds, palette, brushes, colours and studio set up.
• Different ways to apply paint, fusing options.
• How to achieve a smooth/textured surface.
• Make your own encaustic medium and colours
Dates: 21th November
Times: 11am – 3:30pm
Location: Solas Art Gallery, Ballinamore, County Leitrim
Booking: talk to Ben or Gail at 071 964 4210 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Encaustic Workshop with Isabelle Gaborit at Solas Art Gallery, Leitrim