Dublin Simon Community have an extensive full-time volunteering programme. Currently the Dublin Simon Community Participation and Development Service has a 9 to 12 month full-time volunteering position open. They are looking for someone with an interest in creative arts, education and community projects .
It is an opportunity to meet new people and work alongside professional staff to deliver vital services to people who are homeless.
The Literacy and Personal Development Service provide a fun and friendly approach to learning and personal growth through arts, creativity, education and self expression to service users of Dublin Simon Community.
Core Role Requirements
• Facilitate groups in meaningful activities such as art, creative writing, photography, reading or anything arts related (these are just examples; we are always open to new initiatives). This is flexible and will be based on the skill set of the volunteer.
• Support Participation and Development across all their programmes.
• Update posters and flyers promoting the Participation and Development Programme.
• Work within the values and ethos of Dublin Simon Community.
The Volunteering programme consists of;
• In-depth induction
• DIT accredited Certificate in Volunteering
• Support and supervision
• Guidance and mentoring
Dublin Simon Community also provide;
• Accommodation (where available)
• Weekly allowance
• On-site and off-site training and induction
• Practical hands on experience
For more information email: email@example.com
Dublin Simon Community Seeking Volunteer – Participation and Development Service