The course aims to provide students with a broad overview of design and digital fabrication. Using a mix of classroom sessions, hands-on lab work and self directed project work, this course will facilitate the learner to engage in a creative design process, appreciate design principles as a problem solving activity and gain an understanding of the role of digital fabrication in a design skillset.
Topics covered will include:
- The History Of Design.
- Understanding And Interpreting Design Briefs.
- The Concepts Of Design Practice.
- Material And Manufacturing Processes.
- The Tools Of Visualisation And Presentation.
- 2D drawing & 3D Computer Aided Design.
- Digital Fabrication Tools And Fab Labs.
- Gain a recognised QQI Level 5 Design qualification
Dates: starting Friday 16th of February and running until Friday 4th May, interview for places on Friday 9th February.
Fee: The course is free to those eligible
Location: Mohill Enterprise Centre (MEC) Leitrim
Booking: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 0872725811
Design Skills and Digital Fabrication QQI5 Course, Mohill, Co. Leitrim