A very comprehensive and creative course where students will follow at their own pace, helped step by step by the workshop leader Laurie Legrand, M.A. Fine Art graduate, practised technician and teacher.
Over the course of these fun, practical classes, participants will learn to:
– differentiate different types of books and how they can be reproduced,
– set a basic book-binding station at home
– stitch and glue different types of book-blocks
– choose, design and make different types of covers (using hard card, fabric, paper, fold over leather, ribbons, etc..)
– repair beloved old books
– as well as to design their own project with the help of the teacher (artist’s sketchbooks, notebooks, portfolios, etc..).
Dates: Starting 4th of October 2018, every Thursday for 10 weeks
Times: 8.00pm – 10.00pm
Fee: €120 / 10 weeks (all included)
Location: St. John’s Central College, Sawmill Street, Cork
Booking: Please contact the college
Bookbinding and Bookmaking with Laurie Legrand at St. John’s College, Cork