A very comprehensive and creative course where students will follow at their own pace, helped step by step by the workshop leader Laurie Legrand, M.A. Fine Art graduate, practiced technician and teacher.
Over the course of these fun, practical classes, participants will learn to:
– differentiate different types of books and how they can be reproduced,
– set a basic book-binding station at home
– stitch and glue different types of book-blocks
– choose, design and make different types of covers (using hard card, fabric, paper, fold over leather, ribbons, etc..)
– repair beloved old books
– as well as to design their own project with the help of the teacher (artist’s sketchbooks, notebooks, portfolios, etc..).
There is no compulsory list of material for this workshop, all tools and basic material will be provided, but students will be encourage to source material they might enjoy working with over time.
Dates: 04/10/2017 to 06/12/2017
Times: Wednesdays 20.00-22.00
Location: St John’s Central College of Further Education and Training, Sawmill Street, Cork, Ireland
Beginners Bookbinding and Bookmaking Workshops, Cork