Application deadline: 23 March
Nigel O’Reilly Goldsmith is an independent goldsmithing and diamond setting studio based in Castlebar, Mayo, Ireland. Nigel O’Reilly Goldsmith works for 11 UK and Irish jewellery houses alongside the development of his own bespoke collections and future exhibitions. As part of their studio expansion, Nigel O’Reilly Goldsmith is currently seeking a full time apprentice goldsmith.
- Casting, cleanup, assembly and basic mounting work.
- Liaising with colleagues with making and design.
- Assisting with quality control of the finished products to ensure that the highest standards are maintained
- Actively contributing new ideas to the dynamic environment and working closely with 3 main staff members.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience within a similar role in the goldsmithing trade, with further optical diamond setting training provided in studio over time.
- Excellent judgement and decision making abilities
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain precise standards and ensure the highest levels of quality at all time
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Effective time management and the ability to prioritise tasks and be commercially aware
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact well with others. Sense of humour is a must!
Personality and Attributes
- Driven, motivated and enthusiastic
- Hands-on and adaptable
- High level of own initiative and commercial awareness
- Team player
- Flexible and forward thinking
This is a paid position, salary commensurate based on experience and training required.
Apprentice Goldsmith with Nigel O’Reilly Goldsmith